Third Annual Short Film Competition is coming!
THIS ANNUAL EVENT FOR 2016 HAS CONCLUDED
CHECK BACK ON MAY 1ST, 2017 FOR NEWS OF OUR 3RD ANNUAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION
Meanwhile, you can read about last year's event, including reviews from some of the filmmakers here.
September 16th-17th, 2016
Walnut Creek, California
No submission fee!
1st Place Prize - $1,000
2nd Place Prize - $500
3rd Place Prize - $250
Submission Criteria for filmmakers:
- Submission window begins May 1st. Submission deadline: July 31th, 2015
- -Genre: Short Film (running time: 30 seconds – 25 min)
- Categories: Any, including Animated, Live-action / Narrative, & Documentary
- How recent? Completed no earlier than January 1, 2015
- Prior release restrictions: the film should not have been broadly screened in any commercial venue or public media (local PBS, for example). Prior festival screenings OK.
- License release: Applicant grants Mountain Shadow public performance rights for its two shows, free of charge. Applicant further declares their work has taken care of all necessary permission use of any copyrighted material (e.g. music) used in their film.
- Submissions made via Film Freeway - Submit your film entry here....
- 4-8 Finalists will be selected by a Jury comprised of 12 Mountain Shadow Film Society members and professional filmmakers (non-contestants).
- All submissions will be notified by August 15th if selected as a finalist.
IMPORTANT: Finalists agree to attend and present their film at both evening performances on Sept 16th and 17th. Each filmmaker’s presentation will include a short introduction, film screening and opportunity for brief Q&A with the audience. Filmmakers can anticipate a viewing audience of 150 - 200 at each performance.
- How / Where to submit entry: Complete Submission form (attached, or available on the Mountain Shadow website: http://mountainshadow.org) and submit form with your film to: John Bennison, email@example.com.
Cash prizes for the three winners from amongst the finalist are Audience Awards, based on balloting at the end of each evening’s film presentations. The winners will be announced, with cash awards presented, at the conclusion of the second evening performance.
Questions: email John: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: 925-787-6965.