The Fourth Annual Short Film Competition is coming!
September 14th & 15, 2018
Las Lomas Theater
Walnut Creek, California
How great is this Competition? You can read about last year's event, including reviews from some of the filmmakers here.
THE SUBMISSION WINDOW FOR THE 2018 COMPETITION IS NOW OPEN.
Submission window opens May 1st.
Submission window closes June 30th.
Again this year, NO submission fee! However, note the submission requirements below.
1st Place Prize - $1,000
2nd Place Prize - $500
3rd Place Prize - $250
ALL OTHER SELECTED FINALISTS: $150
all finalists also receive laurels for their corresponding placement
Submission Criteria for filmmakers:
- Submission window begins May 1st. Submission deadline: June 30th, 2018
- Genre: Short Film (running time: 30 seconds – 25 min)
- Categories: Any, including Animated, Live-action / Narrative, Documentary and Experimental
- How recent? Completed no earlier than January 1, 2017
- Prior release restrictions: the film should not have been broadly screened in any commercial venue or public media (local PBS, for example). Prior festival screenings OK.
- License release: Applicant grants Mountain Shadow public performance rights for its two shows, free of charge. Applicant further declares their work has taken care of all necessary permission use of any copyrighted material (e.g. music) used in their film.
- MOST IMPORTANT: if selected as a Finalist, you agree to present your film in person at both performances of the Competition.
8-12 Finalists will be selected by a Jury comprised of approximately 30 Mountain Shadow Film Society members and professional filmmakers (non-contestants). Cash prizes are Audience Awards, based on balloting at the end of each evening’s film presentations. The winners will be announced, with cash awards presented, at the conclusion of the second evening performance.
IMPORTANT: AGAIN, If selected, all Finalists agree to attend in person and present their film at both evening performances on Sept 14th & 15th. Each filmmaker’s presentation will include a short introduction, film screening and opportunity for brief Q&A with the audience. Filmmakers can anticipate a viewing audience of 250 - 300 at each performance. You should not submit your film if you would not be willing and able to attend the competition in person.
All Submissions made via Film Freeway - Submit your film entry BY CLICKING ON THE BUTTON BELOW.
Questions: email John: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: 925-787-6965.