MEMBERSHIP FOR OUR 2019
Currently there is stil space available in three of the five different Series for 2019. However, our M-1 Series and S-2 Series are now fully subscribed. What does that mean? Check the different Series on the application form: You will find the ‘fillable’ application form HERE.
The completed form can be emailed if paying by credit card, or mailed with a check to the address on the form. You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt. If any Series is full by the time your submitted application is received you will have the choice of selecting another available Series, or having your check returned.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, membership guarantees you a seat for the Series you choose, at a price-per-show $2 below General Admissions $12 price. General admission tickets are limited, and sold on a first-come basis when doors open 30 minutes before show times. As more and more people continue to discover everything Mountain Shadow has to offer, the privilege of a guaranteed seat for your Series will be your single greatest benefit. With continued membership increases, we anticipate more sold-out shows in 2018; and consequently fewer general admission seats available!
- Newcomers often ask: What if you cannot attend a particular show on a particular date in your Series? You can simply send someone else in your place, or try to swap with another member who has subscribed to another series; using the Members-Only section where you can post “swap” requests. Or, you can try to attend one of the alternate dates that month using the general admission line (at no charge to you as a member), but only if seats are available. Please understand, due to venue capacity, the opportunity provided for member-reserved guests (see below), and the indeterminate number of member releases, no priority can be given to members for a Series for which they are not subscribed.
- Bring a guest: Each show always has few general admission tickets available at the door. However, as other members make space available by pre-releasing their seat in any given month, other members are able to reserve a limited number of spaces ahead of time for their guests to join them. Guest tickets are the same as $12 General Admission tickets, but your guest is guaranteed a seat.
- The Member Lending Library is available to members only, providing the opportunity to borrow the DVD of the vast majority of the films we’ve screened over the last five years. This enables members to catch a show they may have missed, or view the film a second time! At the beginning of 2019, we will be acquiring two copies of the more popular titles; enabling greater opportunity for our growing membership to have better access to the films!
- Film Discussions - Each month there's opportunity to participate in post-screening discussions following each film; as well as a one-hour Coffee & Film Discussion group that meets at 10 AM on the Monday following the last show each month. We used a reserved room at the Capital One Café on Main Street in Walnut Creek.